Objectives of the Foundation
- To promote peace building through conflict resolution and to foster reconciliation. To cultivate accountable servant leadership.
- To advance mutual respect and tolerance among the various peoples of South Africa and the world.
- To enhance the health and wellbeing of people and our planet.
- To create a unified platform for all organisations, programmes, and entities that bear the names of Desmond Tutu and Leah Tutu.
- To provide funds, assets, services or other resources by way of donation to any approved public benefit organisation which carries on a public benefit activity as defined in Part II of the Ninth Schedule to the Income Tax Act, No 58 of 1962 as amended, and whose object is consistent with the objects of the Desmond and Leah Tutu Foundation.