The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation will host a holiday programme which will provide a high quality learning experience over eight days for children of ages 8 – 11.
Serving up Summer is deliberately planned to bridge the gap in relationships in children across socio-economic status and race. For instance children from Joe Slovo in Milnerton will interact with children from Milnerton area. This concept is a bridging gap to creating an integrated South African future society.
The educational activities focus on research backed social emotional learning (SEL) providing the children with a safe, fun, social, recreational and cultural insight and experiences underpinned by a strong sense of Ubuntu, creating awareness surrounding anti-bullying, sexual awareness and conflict resolution.
Objective of the Camp
• To provide a summer day program in a rich, vibrant, and stimulating atmosphere that provides children with unique enrichment, learning, and recreational activities that foster peace and reconciliation for future generations.
• To instil the lifelong values of working together in seeking peace and reconciliation in a healthy integrative environment.
• To build individual character, confidence and skills through a wide range fun activities.
• To provide activities in such a way that each child’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being is enhanced.
• To address and educate children on bullying and empower them with social skills needed to deal with bullying.
• To create a bridge between children from the poorer community of Joe Slovo and from a well-resourced community of Milnerton
8 DAYS OF FUN & DISCOVERY!
20 UNIQUE & EXCITING ACTIVITIES!
ALL FOOD, FUN & FIELD TRIPS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE PRICE
GRADE 3 – GRADE 5
WHY BE A PART OF THIS EXCITING SUMMER PROGRAMME?
Make New Friends
Learn New Skills
Practice Peace & Ubuntu
Develop Habits that enhance your child’s intellectual, social, emotional & physical well-being
Dates, Times & Cost
Date: 7th Jan – 16th Jan 2015
Time: 07h00 – 18h00
Venue: Milnerton Primary School, Zastron Street, milnerton
(Inclusive of R100 registration fee)
7 – 16 January 2015 (8 days) – R1400
*Full Programme Sponsorship
7 – 16 January 2015
R100 Registration Fee
(nominated kids only)
Account Name: The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation
Bank: First National Bank
Account Number: 62336748358
Branch Code: 250655
For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org